Friday, August 20, 2010

Preschool




So my baby is going to preschool, and has just completed her first week. She goes 4 days a week to the 3 yr. old program at FBC Powder Springs. Her teachers are precious. The theme for her room is zebra and the class color is pink. LOVE IT!!! There's just not much of anything that is more fabulous in decor than black and white zebra stripes with pink accents.
All summer, I have been looking forward to a few hours a day to myself to run errands, work out, tan, have quiet time, do my Bible study, clean the house, unpack more boxes....my list goes on and on. This also gives Kirsten some time to miss me.
Last Friday, I took her for her "Sneak-a-Peek". On the way there my mind went from excitement to thinking about the fact that from this point on, my child will be in school. She'll be in school until she graduates college, and then she'll probably be on her own, or maybe even married. I started crying and almost couldn't pull myself together to go inside. It hit me all of a sudden that this is the first step I am taking in the letting go process.
Kirsten loved sneak-a-peek and the idea of preschool. She was so excited when Monday rolled around. Kirsten was the only kid in her class that wasn't crying when I dropped her off. She ran up to one little girl and was jumping up and down saying "it's preschool, it's preschool." She wasted no time being upset. Yesterday, the teachers told me they were very proud of her and she was doing great. I hope this continues.

I just read the book Lift by Kelly Corrigan. It's a very sweet book, written by a mother to her young daughters. She wrote stories of their early childhood and explanations for the choices she made. She knew they wouldn't remember those precious moments that are shared between a mother and her child in early childhood. It's such a sweet gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment