Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Soap Box Opinions

If you know me at all, you know I have an opinion. I sometimes feel so strongly in my opinions, I think that should classify them as facts. One of my favorite things to do, is have deep discussions with Greg where our opinions on issues come out. This could have potential to become heated discussions, but mostly we have the same opinions on matters. I am going to start writing Soapbox Wednesday blogs just to make Wednesdays a little more exciting.

Here are this week's opinion based issues...in no particular order:

1) Christina Aguilera forgetting the words to the National Anthem.
Yes, she should know the words, it's only the citizen thing to do. BUT who says she doesn't? She may have just had one of those mom moments. Her kid may have just fell and busted his head open as she was walking on the field. She may have just received devastating news. OR she may have caught a glimpse of her soon to be ex-husband making out with some skank. Anything could have triggered a lapse of memory. Honestly, if we all didn't know the words we would never have noticed. She still sang her face off and never stopped. I can only think of 2 other women that could have held a candle to her performance, mess up or not. One, Leah Michelle who was already singing America the Beautiful, and the other, Mandisa, who was either on tour or they didn't want her up there because she's a Christian Artist.

2) With that said, I am a perfectionist when it comes to knowing your words. An honest mistake is one thing, everyone has those moments. Lack of preparation is another. I find lack of preparation unacceptable and inexcusable. I have seen Faith Hill in concert 3 or 4 times and she NEVER remembers her words. That's just ridiculous. She's gorgeous, she sings great, but she suffers amnesia every time I've seen her perform.

3) Did Lindsey Lohan steal the necklace? At first I didn't even care, but after I saw it on every headline and every newscast I started to form an opinion. I think she did. Her and her publicist's story has changed more times than a 13 yr. old girl picking out her school picture outfit. She's always in some kind of trouble, and she thinks she shouldn't have to pay for her crimes. She's screaming for attention and she's apparently got issues. Lindsey needs some Jesus...let's keep her in our prayers, seriously.

4) Facebook games....Playing a game here and there for entertainment is one thing...but when it's the only thing on your profile, that's another. I can't stand getting on facebook and being told who did what in farmville, or cityville, or mafia wars, or whatever. Please, if you have time for this, you have time to do something productive...like getting out and making a difference somewhere. Start a blog talking about your opinions :) If playing these games interferes with quality time with friends, family or loved ones, you have a problem. Please, seek help....somewhere other than facebook.

5) SOME republican voters behavior. I voted republican. But, I am not going to put ugly things about the president all over my car. I'm not going to go to where he's speaking and scream out profanity to him just to have my voice heard in congress. Will this kind of behavior make anyone who sees or hears this change their minds on the president? Will they read that bumper sticker and go, "You know I never thought of Obama that way, but now that someone stated it with a curse word, I completely change my mind"? Or, "you know if I vote Bristol Palin to the finals of dancing with the stars even though she can't dance, I'll show those democrats. Having her in the finals will really make them wish they didn't put Obama in office." Really republicans? Can't we just be smart and mature about this? If we stop acting like we're 5, and just sit back, the democrats will hang themselves. All the money and education in the world can't top common sense and Christian values. However, I question the Christian values of the republicans right now. I know you don't have to be a Christian to be republican or democrat, and you don't have to be republican to be a Christian. No matter what political party you claim to be a part of, don't claim to be a Christian if you aren't or you aren't willing to act like one. I don't have to agree with Obama or his ways. I do have to see him as a person, as one of God's creations. He's created in the same image I am. God sees Obama through the same loving eyes He sees me and you through. Obama may be an unbelieving leader that claims to be a Christian. Obama may be a Christian that has gone off the straight and narrow path. He's still a human being. He's a husband and a daddy. I would hate to be the wife of the president and think that some rednecks were plotting to come attack my husband, or some idiots were devising a plan to attack my daddy. It's more than getting revenge, it's destroying lives of those that are innocent.

That's it for now. Let me know your comments and opinions. I may be opinionated, but I am also open for discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment