Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best Gift

This weekend was the eagerly anticipated Best Gift production at Pinelake Church. I say production because the word program can't justify the greatness of Best Gift, and program is a word that's too easily stereotyped. I am so excited that I was able to take the trip to see it. This was such a bittersweet experience for me. This was the event that I have been bracing myself for since we moved. I've always been a part of the choir, so this is my first year to deal with not being in it. I am a visitor now :(. However, this was also the first year I actually got to sit in the audience and see it with my husband. It was such a blessing to have him with me.


Best Gift never ceases to satisfy me. It always manages to go above and beyond my expectations. After all, it is all about the way I see it, right?....Totally kidding. I credit the splendor of Best Gift to Obedient Leadership, Prayerful Teams, and Faithful Servants. Sprinkle this with some amazing talent given by God above to all involved with the sole purpose to glorify HIM.


On top of this being an amazing production, God blessed me with a personal gift during the show. He answered a question that I forgot I had asked Him a long time ago. I won't go into details, but about 4 years ago, I wanted an answer to something and never received one. It was nothing huge, and God owed me no explanation. But clear as day He said, "That's why! Now know it's not about you (me), and see I am working on a bigger plan here...but you (I) do play a part." I was so blessed, humbled and honored all at the same time. God is good, and God is faithful!


I honestly can't say whether or not this was my favorite Best Gift because I am partial to the ones in which I got to participate. However, this was some of my favorite music. It was beautiful, and every song had a wonderful message. To see and hear from the audience what I haven't really had the opportunity to before, made me appreciate everything even more. I didn't know what to expect, and as I mentioned earlier, I was amazed. The choir was absolutely beautiful, glorious, and just freakin' awesome. I am so blessed to say that at one time, I was a part of such a wonderful group and ministry.


I love going back to MS and visiting Pinelake and my friends. They are all so precious, and they always make me feel welcome. I miss being a part of this ministry dearly. I really grew as a Christian through that experience. It's so great to be able to call such a godly group, family.


We had a Best Gift after party at Lea Anne's house and it was so fun catching up with my friends I haven't seen in a while. I can't wait to go back for Christmas and see them again. Only 12 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment