Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas, Christmas and More Christmas




This is the 2nd year I haven't been able to decorate for Christmas. :( It's disappointing to me, because I LOVE Christmas. The cheesier the decor the better. I am all about being sentimental. I can't wait until we finally get settled. I pray that next year I will be able to decorate, and make goodies with Greg and Kirsten. I look forward to watching Christmas movies, hosting Christmas parties, driving crazy distances to see over-the-top Christmas lights, and sending out Christmas cards again. I want to take Kirsten to Stone Mtn. every year to write her letter to Santa. I want to serve those less fortunate, and make birthday cupcakes for Jesus, and have a birthday party for Him. As my Mother In-law says, "This will come, this is only temporary." I praise God for the selling of our house in MS. Now, my prayer is for Him to reveal to us our new home. I know He's preparing it for us, and handling details we may never know. I look forward to the day when He says, "Here you are. This is where I want you planted in GA."

Traveling for Christmas is hard. This effort consists of packing for 10 days for 3 people... one being a 2yr. old, presents for both sides of the family, Chloe, our 4 legged first born, and goodies and entertainment for the car ride. This is a lot to fit into a Camry. Don't get me wrong, it's been more than fabulous seeing everyone, but maybe Christmas isn't the best time to do this. Christmas is about family, but maybe this means immediate family. Maybe it's the rest of the year that's about the entire family. I don't know, this one is tough. I know we aren't the only ones with relatives in other states. It's a tough call, you want to be able to have your own traditions, but you want to spend time with the rest of the family too...what's right? This year, for us it was best to travel. God only knows what's best for future Christmases.



Our first adventure was to see Greg's side of the family in New Orleans...Destrehan, LA to be exact, but it's easier to say New Orleans. It took us about 8 hrs. to make a 6 hr. drive. LA was about 40 degrees warmer than GA. As soon as we crossed the LA state line we no longer saw red and green Christmas decorations. Everything was Black and Gold. We made it just in time to catch the Saints game.



We had such a great time catching up with family we haven't seen in years. We ate shrimp creole, meatballs and french bread. Conversation consisted of the Saints going to the playoffs, Mardi Gras parades, and the never ending effects of Katrina. My Mother In Law's friends that she refers to as "the YaYa's" stopped by to catch up. I call them the girls from Sexy in the Crescent City...always a pleasure, always a blast, ALWAYS a laugh.


My Father In-law took us to Mr. Roo's for lunch on Monday. Mr. Roo's is one of Greg's and my favorite places to eat. They have the best poboys in NOLA. They're always consistent. I'll post pics.






Sooooo goooood! Greg had the muffaletta and I had Mr. Roo's special.


As if that wasn't enough to make the day complete, we met Mover Rich from Imagination Movers in Target. He was super super nice. I apparently was more impressed than Kirsten was. As you can see in the picture below, she was more impressed with the toy train on the shelf behind him. His wife loved Kirsten's hat (she's wearing it in the background) I made her. She asked me how to do stripes because she's learning how to make hats too. I took Kirsten's hat off and showed her how. Yeah, we totally bonded.

A great ending to a great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment