Sunday, December 6, 2009

De Ja Vue

Today was such a special day. It started off like any other Sunday morning. My family and I had every intention of attending the 9:00 am church service, but, like every other Sunday morning, we chose to be lazy and go to the 11:00 am service instead. With this choice we got to drink our coffee in mugs instead of travel cups, and we watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Kirsten in our PJ's. I love family time like this.

We went to church as usual. When we got there Greg went to the computer to check Kirsten into childcare, and I took her to look at the fish tank. As I was standing there I got the most intense sensation of de ja vue. It was like the world paused and this scene passed through my mind really fast, but it was so real.

I knew this was God speaking to me. He let me know exactly why I was feeling this. It never crossed my mind until that instant, but today was exactly one year from the first time we visited West Ridge Church. I swear this feeling was so strong. I couldn't concentrate on anything, but remembering the first time I stepped foot into that place.

My life was in such a different place a year ago. Greg and I visited West Ridge last year, while we were in GA looking for a place to live. That weekend was honestly the most overwhelming and stressful weekend of my life. The day before, we spent all day visiting every suburb of Atlanta that could be a possibility for us to start our new life. We ate lunch at quiznos that day, and I told Greg there was no way I could move here. I was determined that I was supposed to stay in MS and he was going to move to GA and somehow we would work it out. I mean, couples do it all the time. Greg wasn't going for this.

This morning I cried from the second the Worship started until church was over. They were tears of gratitude and humility knowing that God brought me to this challenge and He is bringing me through it. He showed me that I am no where near where I was last year. He has held all my anxieties and frustrations, and He has been in control of everything. He is showing me so much love here through His blessed children. I haven't consistently attended West Ridge for the past year because I didn't officially move to GA until April, but Greg has. He even bought me an "UN" shirt...which I don't know why they sold t'shirts for that series logo, when there's been so many cooler series logos since then, but that's another blog.

After church today I received a phone call from one of my new GA friends. She's so precious. I was able to tell her how special church was today for me, and she said the sweetest thing to me. She told me that now I have family here, and now I am at home.

Phil. 1:3 I thank God every time I remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment